With the dramatic expansion of information technology, and the desire for increased competitiveness in corporations, there has been an increase in the use of computing power to produce unified reports. Ontimize in-house engineers realise this situation and take part in the larger movement towards improved business intelligence and knowledge management to produce human readable information from all their customers data.
So, now Ontimize applications also integrate outside reporting engines, designers and tools, such as:
- JasperReports engine, which is the world’s most popular open source reporting engine, entirely written in Java and able to use data coming from any kind of data source to produce reports.
- iReport designer, to create very sophisticated layouts containing charts, images, subreports, crosstabs and much more.
- JfreeReport generator, a free Java library for creating reports
- JfreeChart tools, a free Java chart library which supports pie charts (2D and 3D), bar charts (horizontal and vertical, regular and stacked), line charts, scatter plots, time series charts, high-low-open-close charts, candlestick plots, Gantt charts, combined plots, thermometers, dials and more.
- and so on.
The Ontimize and Imatia team would like to thank you all for your support and collaboration during 2010. Thanks to supporters like you, 2010 was a very successful year for us. It has been a pleasure helping you reach your goals, and we look fordward to contributing to your success in 2011.
Apart from being involved in powerful technological projects (both international and national), we have taken part in the following:
- events: international SIMO fair (IFEMA, Madrid) and its technological transfer in IT services and solutions conferences, the Galician information and communication technology fair (Galicia TIC, by IGAPE), Vigo University’s Symposium on Technology and Industrial Automation Solutions (JAI), Serviguide conferences in R&D, Tecnimap fair for Information Technologies applied to Administrative Modernisation in government organizations, technological symposium and conferences in IT in Barcelona, London, Sillicon Valley (EEUU), … etc.
- technological platforms: like Vindeira, Loxisga, Enerxe, Idea, and so on, which are a point of encounter and dialogue of all actors involved in technology development and exploitation of the ICT sector.
Finally, we would like to wish you a Merry Christmas and prosperous new year from all of us here in the Ontimize and Imatia team.
Once again thank you for your confidence in us this year, and we look forward to working together again next year, making things work for you.
If you look good, we look good.
Cardif together with our Imatia partner Novadoc “goes live” with its first Ontimize application suite in production!
Cardif, a member of the BNP Paribas group, is a Dutch Insurance company specializing in Mortgage & Content, Life Care and Investment insurance. In the Netherlands more than half million Dutch citizens are protected through Cardif, who are the current market leaders in mortgage protection .
Having adopted Ontimize as a new technology platform, with the help and extra expertise from its IT partner Novadoc, Cardif were able to move forward with their customer-focused approach by modernizing their applications whilst drastically reducing their time-to-market.
Right now, the highly-expert team of professionals at Cardif are able to manage the insurance policies and services in much less time (more than five times faster) than using their previous systems
Together, the Novadoc-Ontimize alliance has provided this successful solution for Cardif, integrating document management, web content management, and workflow to support their integrated Enterprise Content Management (ECM) platforms. Together with further developed analysis and optimization components to provide the Cardif Digidocs application with an enhanced Business Process Management (BPM) capability, the Novadoc-Ontimize solution allows Cardif to now analyze, improve and manage their processes even more efficiently.
The future looks promising – the Cardif personal coach claims teams are planning to continue to work together with and take part in the Novadoc solution delivery process.
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Taking a look at what goes on behind the web news, you can get a successful Ontimize background knowledge checking the new articles, such as:
- discover the modern Ontimize ecosystem populated with a immense variety of IT technologies, applications, products and platforms on which Ontimize is available by checking the Menu Discover->Ecosystem or clicking here.
- be impressive with the high-fidelity Ontimize reporting tools which enable businesses to provide instant access to information to all levels with a simple click. Get more information by selecting the Menu More-> Reports or clicking here.
- gain access to IBM’s powerful document management system, FileNet, and its FileNet P8 platform taking advantage of Ontimize using the Ontimize FileNet component, which is explained in the Menu More-> FileNet or here.
- Get a comfy and detailed Ontimize summary watching the Ontimize QuickStart demo videos, on which you are able to see some of our application initiatives over our QuickStart demo, on which you can also test the topics shown in the videos. Get the videos from the Discover-> Videos page or from here. And also get the Ontimize Components videos from the advanced components web pages, which are placed in the menu: “More” (here).
- Catch our demo and all its related data and documentation together from its new Ontimize QuickStart demo page, placed in the Resources menu or from here.
- Get features and benefits of the Ontimize Sweet in the More-> Sweet menu or from here.
- Get example of the Ontimize Layouts for your applications in the More-> Layouts menu or from here.
- Learn benefits about the Ontimize Grids in More-> Grids menu or from here.
- Check our Ontimize Editors to customize your applications in a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) environment in More-> Dynamic Editors menu or from here.
- Get Ontimize database bundle features and benefits to have multilingual environments in your applications in More-> Database bundle menu or from here.
Moreover, as usual you can get this and whatever Ontimize information from our different web page sections and menus, and also get technical information from our private web populated with Wikis and Forums or also contact us for more detailed and customized information in contact@Ontimize.com.
we announce the release of the new Ontimize QuickStart Demo version. In this version users can get the previous Ontimize resources among some new developments such as:
- new iReports screen to get application reports automatically
- new layout tools which allow you to get the Ontimize applications with several layouts and colours at the same time
- offline QuickStart version update
- insertion of Microsoft Bing Maps in Ontimize GIS modules
- Jasper Reports improvements
- components menu navigation development in order to be able to get direct access to the advanced Ontimize components embed in the QuickStart
- development of virtual tree entities for grouping
- pack 200 tools to compress the application libraries in order to download it faster.
- New starting servlet to indicate the chosen layout, colors and/or initial screen through dynamic JNLPs and GET HTTP calls
starting context improvements to be able to start QuickStart clients faster.
- And so on … (see other news and more detailed information to find and preview the Ontimize QuickStart Demo news in this pdf
Today we would like to remark on the Ontimize Ecosystem. Ontimize is underpinned by both Industry Standard and Open technologies in order to be able to integrate the different information types and resources provided by the variety of technologies, applications, products and platforms available in the ever expanding modern IT ecosystem.
Ontimize was designed with ecosystem integration at its core, eliminating prior dependencies, for example, between systems, databases and platforms, having useful abstraction for architecture, representation and analysis, and providing the most competitive advantages, adding more technical as well as non-technical perspectives to the art of engineering.
Keeping in mind that most solutions are composed of products from multiple companies and that exchange of information amongst them is crucially important, Ontimize has developed powerful tools and products which are able to interact and evolve together with the software ecosystem. Below are some examples:
[As usual, click on images to zoom in]
Large-scale mission-critical communications can be performed by the Ontimize applications, which deliver the most powerful, highly available, real-time communication services.
The Ontimize communication protocols and skills offer integrated support to transport data between Ontimize servers and clients and also to integrate IT systems and Web applications seamlessly, including databases or other applications.
Some of the Ontimize compatible communication protocols are RMI, IIOP, SSL, TLS, HTTP, HTTPS and web services. Among the offered Ontimize innovative in-house communication skills are Smart Dynamic Compression, in-memory data grid services, contextual data handling and profiling capabilities, running over heterogeneous communications networks.
Ontimize communications are based on key open standards and specifications which give it several benefits, such as:
- Remote Method Invocation (RMI) provides Ontimize products high speed communications.
- Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) provides standarization thanks to the use of standard ports which allow us to establish communications everywhere.
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) provide security for communications over networks ensuring secure end-to-end transit and secure identification.
Moreover, to be cost efficient and to enable an efficient lookup of data , Ontimize created the most innovative components that
- improve performance by serving data faster, thanks to the use of in-memory data grid services to avoid, having to download or recompute them.
- measure the throughput of the current computer network in order to optimize dynamically its communications depending on the network properties and the available resources.
- encode information using fewer bits for eliminating coarse-grained redundant data. So, thanks to this Ontimize skills, data are sent more concisely reducing the time consumption and expensive resources.
- select the relevant data to be exchanged by users depending on their profiles to avoid wasting time and resources getting unnecessary information.
- handle data contextually to choose only the required information in order to improve the computational resources and communication.
This article expands on our grid knowledge by introducing simple tips that can help you build more powerful customized tables in your software products.
[As usual, click on images to zoom in]
The Ontimize table model allows authors to arrange their data getting powerful skills automatically to make the most of them.
Some of these included technical skills are:
- Sorting and order: Turn a standard grid into a sortable Ontimize grid, sorting multiple columns simultaneously by clicking one header and clicking a second, third or more column headers!
- Advanced Filters: Ontimize provides you very simple ways to improve all your tables with a search/filter function. QuickFilter allows user to enter a term in and just the grid entries which contain it will be shown. Other advanced filters can match whatever pattern in whatever way the users want.
- Resize: From time to time, you may stumble upon a large grid without any layout facilities. This Ontimize table feature can resize columns in the table adapting them to your requirements and hide columns which do not provide you relevant information reusing that space for more important information.
- Grouping: Good skills are the key for successful data management to function. Thanks to the Ontimize table grouping skills, every data point you collect is categorized by your criteria allowing multiple-grouping to tabulate your outcomes.
- DetailForm: Tables focus on things that users have found very useful or interesting, but sometimes more detailed information is needed. (If configured,) When double-clicked a detailed breakdown of the selected row can be shown with all the additional data related with that entry.
- Copy to clipboard: This table facility can be used by Ontimize users for short-term data storage and/or data transfer between single or multiple cells of the Ontimize table and applications or documents, via simple copy and paste operations, sending your data from one operating environment to another easily.
- Export to Excel: Nearly every user needs to export data to an Excel-compatible format at one point or another to workaround them in other environments. Thanks to this Ontimize table facility users can download the data from the datagrid into an Excel spreadsheet for offline verification and/or computation.
- Export to HTML: Sometimes we have the challenge of reporting our data in an HTML-compatible format. For that reason, the export to HTML button was created, which is actually very popular and useful. HTML Export table button allows you to take your grid data and export it to HTML.
- Print: Transfer your data from the applications table to any popular format for web and paper to manage and distribute your reports to any destination in print form or via email.
- Load and save layout: Ontimize users can configure the most useful layouts of their reports customizing them depending on their preferences of size, column order, visible columns, and so on. Moreover they can also save these layouts and load them back into the tables later.
- Refresh: This button allow users to read the database information and immediately rewrite the information in the table.
- Custom charts: Use the Ontimize computing power to produce unified table charts and graphics in human readable formats which provides a wide array of formatting options available to manage these data to get the most relevant conclusions.
- Choose columns: This Ontimize table feature can hide columns in the table using the table button, and checking the right fields in the opened window.
- Custom reports: Find a powerful and suitable commercial report manager, writer and analyzer included in the Ontimize applications. The high-fidelity Ontimize reporting tools enable businesses to provide instant access to their information to all levels.
- Total row configuration: Automate your work selecting this operation to add an additional row which shows the result of some mathematical operations for numeric columns, such us, the sum of all the entries in one selected table column.
- Calculated columns: You can also automate your work when row operations are required, using the calculated columns facility. It adds prebuilt dynamic columns which perform operations over another table’s columns, row by row. So, users are able to see real-time operation to calculate percentages of each row, get ratios, drop several rows, …
- Pivot table: Get very quick reports of your grid data by clicking the pivot table button, creating cross tables, sorting, counting, … thanks to the Ontimize business intelligence embebed in Ontimize grids.
- Paging: Use the Ontimize paging table to avoid downloading all the data at the same time, allowing partial downloads so that clients can work on datasets without overtly stressing the network. This Ontimize table facility allow you to take the advantes of that the client-side processing is very fast, even on slower machines involving amount of data. Moreover, all registers can be downloaded when desiderable.
- Auto-insert table: Ontimize is dedicated to bringing you the information and tools you need to be successful in your work. In order to be quick and comfortable, Ontimize table contains an option to be able to fill your database with new entries filling the values in the same table that you want to check them.
- Mixes: Of course Ontimize users may combine any of the aforementioned features together.
- Renders: Ontimize grids will auto-detect most data types including numbers, dates, pictures, currencies, and so on…
Moreover, the Ontimize wiki uncovers the secrets of coloring table component’s cells, using ToolTips, performing actions from the keyboard, changing table colors, formats and layouts, allowing multiple or single selection, adding custom operations from the right-click table menu, and so on …
new developments, improvements and components have just been added to the Ontimize demo, called Ontimize QuickStart, which is placed here , in order to allow all of you to check how to use and also how to include them in your Ontimize applications.
Launching the Ontimize demo from here you can evaluate the novelties. Some of the most notable features are:
- Custom Ontimize web service development in order to show a simple example about how to a web service is used to communicate with the Ontimize server from any other system, both Ontimize client and non-Ontimize client (for instance, legacy systems, external applications, internet sites, …) to perform a custom operations.
- Online Ontimize Web Service development in order to show an example about how to integrate an Ontimize client or server with an existing web service created by someone else to get information or events from this external web service to interact with the existing resource and to process or store the information it provides your Ontimize application.
- Dutch resources development in order to be able to get both Ontimize applications and Ontimize components in that language.
- Real and profile-oriented business flow development for the Ontimize Workflow in order to show an example related to manage real and common work situations and workplaces automatically in whatever business environments, in order to transform them to supportive and engaging work flows.
- Dynamic relayout tool added in order to allow Ontimize users customize Ontimize applications layout in real-time and without help form technical staff.
- Communication speed improvements in the Ontimize jar.
- Paging Ontimize tree to allow users download tree information in small pieces.
- Workflow improvements and workflow evaluator optimization.
- Ontimize permission system improvements.
- and so on …
[As usual, click on images to zoom in]
right now, both Ontimize components and Ontimize applications can be embeded in Applets, which can also be included in other places, such as, web pages, QuickTime movies, Windows media player applets, Flash movies, browser games, mobile devices, and so on.
Some of the most important issues that this new Ontimize feature provide are:
- On one hand, simple web pages can be populated with powerful Java-written programs, much in the same way as an image is included in a page. Ontimize products embedded in applets provide, among other things, web applications with interactive features which cannot be provided by HTML, being executed by the browser’s Java Virtual Machine (JVM) running under many platforms, including Windows, UNIX, Mac OS, Linux and Solaris. This enables single web pages, and those other devices, to take full advantage of the latest capabilites and features of the Java platform and be assured that they will run reliably and consistently.
- On the other hand, powerful, interactive and virtual widgets can be created to get services by the inclusion of this applets with Ontimize. Its purpose is to provide relevant information to the user in a non-intrusive manner and using few resources, being the web environment the best suited place to locate it without requiring explicit interaction from the user to install additional resources in order to run them. So, Widgets, Gadgets, Blidgets, mobile widgets, desktop widgets, web widgets, etc. are stand-alone, task-oriented applications which can be composed of several related interactions on its own being also available for TV’s. or social networks in order to enable the user to view on demand, capsuled information from predetermined data sources.
The nationally-recognized journal “Cinco Días” has performed a comprehensive interview about how the Imatia company and its Ontimize products and solutions provide added-value to its customers by adding strategic alliances which includes professional services designed to improve the productivity of the client’s business, and sharing common interests to participate in achieving common goals.
In this journal, specializing in economics finance and business, Fernando Vázquez speaks also about how it positions itself with other IT firms, the areas of expertise, the strengths of the company that makes it become a benchmark, the middle and long-terms perspectives, and the R+D+e effort performed by its in-house highly qualified software engineering team to get the goals of the company, among other important topics attached in the link below.
a new module to access the FileNet Document Management System has been developed in Ontimize. Using this new Ontimize module, users can gain access to the IBM powerful document management system, called FileNet, and its FileNet P8 platform taking the advantages of the Ontimize applications interface, in order to create an easy-to-use application with process capabilities to automate and drive user content-related tasks and activities over the IBM FileNet Solution.
This solution allows Ontimize application users to manage all their documents over FileNet in the same way as when they use the alternative Ontimize solution to manage documents, that is, the Ontimize Document Management system.
This new Ontimize module for IBM FileNet product implements a lot of FileNet functionalities with the advantage of the Ontimize applications user interface and Ontimize powerful components and products. Some of this module’s features are:
- A Grid component that allows users to access FileNet documents stored in a given folder. This component allows users to perform the next actions over the documents: download, check in, check out, delete, cancel check out and get document URI token. The Grid component has all the Ontimize table advantages: quick filter text field, exporting data to different formats, printing, paging, and so on …
- A Tree folder tool to navigate through the FileNet folder easily. This component can be indexed to a Grid in order to view the documents inside the selected folders.
- The users can add new documents to a FileNet folder using a document creation form or by directly dragging the documents onto the Grid component
- The FileNet module allows users to perform advanced document searches on FileNet server as well. Users can store and recover searches and send selected files attached on an email.
The Spanish National Innovation Company of the Spanish Ministry of Industry (Empresa Nacional de Innovación, ENISA), “La Caixa” and the Employers Confederation (Confederación de Empresarios de Galicia, CEG) have selected Imatia to be rewarded with their most important Award, the Entrepreneur Award, due to the improvements in the productivity of software developments, that the Imatia team and the Ontimize developers have achieved, using technological solutions for both end customers and other companies in an alliance strategy.
Imatia’s and Ontimize’s hard work for strengthening the development of cutting edge technology in their region has also been emphasized with this award.
- Imatia Presentation video
- Enterpreneur Award XXI. Official Site.
- ABC. May 2010
- Europa Press. May 2010
- El correo gallego. May 2010
- Finanzas.com. May 2010
a new module for displaying 3D components has been developed in Ontimize. It’s is based on the JMonkeyEngine which is a high-performance 3D game engine, written entirely in Java.
Using this component Ontimize users will be able to show and animate 3D models. At the present, formats supported are: Collada DAE and Wavefont.
Here you can see some screen shots which were taken form a virtual reality video displayed using this new Ontimize component.
New striking features have been added for the Ontimize GIS (Geographic Information System). This fully integrated component allows users to represent geographical data from different sources in a single panel or map, including further tools to manage and edit both the component and the data which is shown.
In version 0-9-0.2 several new features have been attached. The most striking features of them are:
- Its elegant user interface, made possible by Ontimize graphics technologies that were built for this GIS component.
- New parameters for the layers panel which allow users to modify the look and feel of this component. Using these parameters software developers can change basic colors, fonts, painters and even layer panel icons.
- GIS map viewer now supports maximum and minimum zoom levels configuration.
- New component InnerPanel available. This component adds new custom containers to the layers panel component, enhancing the GIS module functionality in order to support business-oriented components.
Ontimize has introduced one-click window intended to simplify application translations for multilanguage environments.
If you’ve developed global software, you know that one of the great commandments is to be able to have several language versions of your product. Commandment which is easy to get using this new database bundle.
This new Ontimize product:
- helps you to maintain a single source code base for all these language versions of your products
- allows you to add or change the translation text in your applications dynamically and without restarting the client or making a new deploy process.
- facilitates translations because all localizable resources are identified and isolated for each application window.
These Ontimize translation tools will make your applications multilingual with a single click, and will definitely make localizing your product easier.
great news again, more Ontimize components and functionalities are coming.
As we do normally, these novelties have been included in the Ontimize QuickStart to allow all of you to check how to use and also how to include them in your Ontimize applications.
- ItemplateField interface to allow developers to add templates additional component, for instance, to be able to paint GIS information in each template.
- The Ontimize shortcuts are now also editable (in the same way as whatever custom shortcut), and their keyboard combinations can be re-defined and re-used.
- New tool (called dynamic Jasper) to create table reports.
- Use of the parameter -nathttp in the Client Launcher to use the NAT (Network Address Translation) protocol in order to remap a given network address into another. For instance, this is useful when remote methods are invoked through a firewall.
- Application jars packed with pack200 tool in order to download them faster.
new skills have been developed from Ontimize for communicating Ontimize Applications using generic Web Services. The Ontimize Web Services (OWS) component allows communication between clients and servers using the standard transfer protocols used on the web, HTTP and HTTPS.
Moreover, optional security features have been included, so the Ontimize Web Services tools are particularly useful for enterprise and inter-enterprise architectures.
Also client utilities have been developed in order to allow programmers to spare developing time.
For more detailed information see here.
Ontimize applications can be now configured to allow users to log themselves in the applications using their personal electronic ID card (e-IDs).So, if this option is configured in the Ontimize applications users can access the application both using a user/password (as usual) and identifying themselves using their electronic ID card.
the Ontimize developers have created again new components and functionalities for our framework in order to provide us the best improvements for our Onti-applications.
As usual, all of you can check how they work and how to include them in your applications using the Ontimize QuickStart demo and its code, both placed here.
Some of these new Ontimize components and functionalities which were included in the Ontimize QuickStart are:
- A form navigator to navigate through the visited forms in an Ontimize application, in the same way as the navigation rows in a normal web browser.
- A currency cell editor which automatically appends the currency symbol.
- A new shortcut (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+A) to allow client users to open a window with the remote administration information (such as the normal server window) when it was hidden by the developer, or the property server monitor was set to ‘no’.
- Private radio button to indicate the privacy of each form template.
- Control + option to maximize the application dialog windows.